Activities and Attractions
The city of Vancouver and the surrounding area offers a variety of excellent activities and attractions, information on some of the best can be found below.
Beer and Spirits Tour
Granville Island has two on site distilleries that delegates could explore or take a tour of.
- The Liberty Distillery
- Granville Island Brewing Company
- Canadian Craft Tours – this is a great option if delegates want to enjoy a tour around Vancouver at various microbreweries.
- Vancouver Brewery Tours – this is a great option if delegates want to enjoy a tour around Vancouver at various microbreweries.
This is a unique attraction located downtown at the Canada Place building. https://www.flyovercanada.com/experience
Grouse Mountain with activity
This venue is one of the top attractions in Vancouver. They have many activities available in the summer including a Cdn Lumberjack Show, Grizzly Bears Habitat, Birds of Prey and more! They have their main Chalet that houses their restaurants and retail.
Location: This venue is approx. 30-40 mins drive away from downtown Vancouver and overlooks the city.
- Grouse Mountain – Summer Activities
- Grouse Mountain – Venues
- Sightseeing Tours – Landsea Tours and Adventures or Grey Line Westcoast Sightseeing
Shannon Falls and the Sea to Sky Gondola
This would be a scenic tour along the Sea to Sky Hwy going up to two attractions and is located approx. 50 mins north of downtown Vancouver. Delegates wishing to extend their stay could bundle some attractions together and tour the west coast of BC. Visit the Shannon Falls and maybe the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre & Museum before heading to the Sea to Sky Gondola maybe lunch or dinner at the Summit Lodge? Then return to Vancouver.
Location: 50 mins from Vancouver
- Sea to Sky Gondola
- Landsea Tours and Adventures – Whistler/Shannon Falls tour (so you can read about the Shannon Falls portion)
- Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre and Museum
- Sightseeing Tours – Landsea Tours and Adventures or Gray Line Westcoast Sightseeing
Museum of Anthropology (MOA) at University of BC
This world-renowned museum is located approx. 20 mins south of downtown Vancouver. The museum is an award-winning concrete and glass structure designed by Canadian Architect Arthur Erickson in the shape of a First Nations Longhouse. MOA has been at the forefront of bringing Indigenous art into the mainstream.
Location: Approx 20 min drive south from downtown Vancouver
Delegates could enjoy a harbour cruise to see Vancouver from the water and enjoy the coast.
Location: The yacht charters can depart from either Granville Island, Coal Harbour Marina or False Creek Marina among others.
Granville Island Market Experience
This attraction can be of interest as it is Vancouver local farmers market and artisans/specialty crafts stores. Delegates can explore the Island and maybe stop by the market to buy some fresh flowers or amazing cuisine. They have some key spots to stop and hear stories or sample some of the food etc… On the island is a Vancouver favourite "Vancouver TheatreSports League" and enjoy custom Improv Show. Strolling through the market and seeing all the truly masterful crafts and wares is a top stop in Vancouver.
Location: This attraction is located about 10 mins from drive from downtown Vancouver.
- Granville Island
- Vancouver Foodie Tours
- The Improv Centre at Granville Island – this is a great event to attend and have some laughs.
West Coast Outdoor Adventures
- Rockwood Adventures offers unique Westcoast adventures. Delegates who want to get the unique experience of wandering in 1st growth old forests and learn something about the west coast of Vancouver will love these tours.
Exploring a few galleries while in town may also be of some interest to your delegates. Vancouver Art Gallery and Bill Reid Gallery of Northwest Coast Art and Museum of Anthropology are just a few of the treasures to see and experience.
Location: The galleries are located in both downtown Vancouver and Metro Vancouver;
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Bill Reid Gallery of Northwest Coast Art (World famous Canadian Haida Artist)
- Museum of Anthropology -- see description above
Another top attraction in Vancouver that should not be missed is the Vancouver Aquarium.
Located in the Stanley Park it is a truly wonderous place and delegates can plan to spend at least 2-3 hours or more to explore all they have to offer.
Location: Venue located in Stanley Park so 6 min drive from downtown Vancouver. Drive from Aquarium to Granville Island would be approx. 15-20 mins.
Vancouver Attractions Group
This is a group of the top attractions in Vancouver who have gotten together to cross market and they have a great website with a coupon document that guests/visitors can download to use. Check them out.
• Website: https://www.vancouverattractions.com/
• Coupon PDF: https://www.vancouverattractions.com/coupons