With three weeks to go until the upcoming IAPH World Ports Conference 2020 in Antwerp, the health and safety of our visitors and partners remains our top priority.
While there are currently no restrictions for travellers coming to Belgium, in planning for the IAPH World Ports Conference 2020 we are implementing the appropriate guidelines and protocols as suggested by the World Health Organization and other health authorities to contain and mitigate against any further spread of the Coronavirus and ensure the conference remains a healthy and productive venue for industry learning and relationship building.
In addition, we are working in close collaboration with the Flanders Meeting and Convention Centre and the City of Antwerp to ensure a safe event for all attendees, including the following precautions:
- Ample supply of hand sanitizers and tissue packs to be available for attendees at registration and throughout the venue
- A heightened disinfection and cleaning effort throughout the venue with a focus on high-usage touchpoints including entrances and exits, stairway and other railings, elevator buttons, surface areas, public touch-screens, and food areas.
- Awareness and training of all on-site staff regarding standard personal preventative measures, e.g. frequent use of sanitizing/disinfection products, etc.
- Advice to sponsors and table top exhibitors on implementing effective cleaning and disinfection of display areas, along with guidance on personal hygiene measures and common preventive behaviour
- Awareness campaign to encourage safe on-site practice, for instance regular handwashing
In addition to these precautions, we strongly urge attendees to implement appropriate guidelines and protocols as suggested by the World Health Organization and other health authorities to mitigate any further spread of the virus. Up-to-date WHO advice can be found here and the most recent press release issued by WHO is here.
The Belgian government has a dedicated coronavirus FAQ web site here.
We are greatly looking forward to welcome the global port and shipping industry to the IAPH World Ports Conference 2020. If and when there is further information to convey, we will communicate that promptly to attendees and conference partners. We look forward to seeing you in Antwerp.